The Six Moon Designs Haven Tarp Cuben gives you a two-person shelter that weighs just 10 ounces
It seems almost impossible, but you can have a two-person shelter that is just 10 ounces. The Haven Tarp – Cuben is constructed with state-of-the-art Cuben Fiber. The main property of Cuben Fiber is its remarkable strength-to-weight ratio. Developed for use on million dollar racing yachts, Cuben Fiber takes us into a whole new world of light. With the Haven Tarp – Cuben’s double taped seams, there are no sacrifices to your comfort or safety.
Like the silicone nylon version of the Haven, the Cuben Haven Tarp is a shaped tarp that is designed to provide the maximum amount of protection for a minimum weight. At a mere 10 ounces, it's a half pound lighter than the silicone nylon version. With its dual pole design the 48" (122 cm) wide canopy provides a tremendous amount of headroom. The wide canopy creates nearly vertical sidewalls. This translates to more usable space with the tarp and less chance of brushing up against the side walls.
The center peak of the Haven is offset slightly toward the front of the tent. This raises the canopy off your face and places the peak at a more natural position when sitting.
The Haven Tarp can be set up using your hiking poles or our optional carbon fiber poles. Dual tabs on either side of the canopy allow the Haven Tarp to be hung from a line between two trees, eliminating the need for poles.
The Haven Tarp is designed to be mated with the Haven Net Tent. Together they form a luxurious sized double-wall shelter at only 24 ounces.
Most of the tarp / NetTent combos on the market today require the NetTent to be setup first, followed by the tarp. Typically the poles are inside of the NetTent, making them easy to bump into in the middle of the night. This kind of setup makes it impossible to keep your NetTent dry when setting up or taking down your shelter in the rain.
The Haven Tarp / NetTent combo is designed so that the NetTent hangs from the tarp. This configuration allows the tarp to be set up first or taken down last under rainy conditions. Your NetTent will remain dry and safely secure in your pack.
• 10 ounces
• Full 360-degree protection means the Haven provides more protection than traditional flat tarps.
• High vent removes excess moisture build up.
• Zipper vestibule closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
• Dual side entry makes entry and exit easy and gives great ventilation.
• Easy tensioning adjustment makes keeping your the tent taut an easy task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag.
• Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
• Floating canopy allows the canopy to be set at different heights.
• Optimized sleeping area is designed for the most usable space, ventilation, and view.
• A peak height of 45 inches gives you plenty of head room.
• Dual pole support with trekking poles or carbon fiber poles gives maximum headroom and interior space.
• Ultra-light waterproof canopy is made from high strength .75 Cuben Fiber.
• Double-taped seams provide the strongest seams currently available.
• Extremely easy setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.
• 3 Season use
• Ships with tarp, stuff sack, and guy lines.
• Pack size: 12” x 4.5”
• Uses 6 stakes, not included
• Color: Gray
• Materials: Canopy .75 oz. Cuben fiber
• Zipper: #3YKK
Because of the difficulty of keeping this specialized material in stock, the Haven Tarp - Cuben is not always in stock. Check with us for current availability.
Light, Strong, Compact Titanium Tent Stakes
Lighten up any tent with these 6" stakes that are just 1/5 oz. each!
Vargo Titanium 6.25 Inch Tent Stakes
If you need a little more holding power, these rugged titanium stakes are just .35 oz. each. These multi-season stakes have excellent holding power in both soil and snow. Remarkably strong for the light weight.