Hyperlite Mountain Gear 4400 Windrider Backpack
For the extreme long adventures with no re-supply, or the extended winter hikes, or the family trips where the kids aren’t carrying much, HMG is now offering the award-winning Windrider in a 4400 cubic inch version. At 35 oz (992 grams), 70 liters of internal volume and with a maximum weight carrying capacity of 60 lbs., the 4400 Windrider is a great solution to the high-volume pack that is just too heavy before it’s even loaded. Also a great pack for the outdoor adventurers who have yet to convert to ultralight methodologies.
Constructed from our more durable Cuben/150d Poly hybrid-fabric, the 4400 Windrider is lightweight and durable and will surely be one of the most comfortable big packs you’ve ever owned. The pack includes a roll-top closure, Y-strap top compression, four side compression straps, an internal mesh hydration sleeve, hydration port, removable internal aluminum stays, sternum strap, and three external mesh pockets for added volume and for drying damp gear as you hike.
All new 2014 HMG technologies and improvements are also integrated into this model including fully sealed side seams for improved water resistance, a double-reinforced 150d pack bottom, additional back panel frame sheet to allow heavier weight carrying capacity, re-designed hip-belt pockets for improved utility, and extended hip-belt length for better wrap around support and improved weight transfer capability from the shoulders to the hips.
Recommended weight carrying capacity range of the 4400 Windrider is 40-60lbs and as with all HMG packs, a rain cover is not required, however we do highly recommend Cuben fiber stuff sacks to compartmentalize your gear and provide an added layer of water resistant security.
2.19 lbs : 35.0oz : 992g
• Interior Storage Volume: 4400 cubic inch main compartment.
• Exterior Storage Volume: 600 cubic inch mesh outer pockets (300 cu in main pocket; 150 cu in side pockets).
• Weight = 2.19 lbs (35 oz.)
• Includes two removable, shaped aluminum stays.
• Main body material is made from a durable, 100% waterproof, Cuben/150d Poly hybrid material.
• Three mesh outer pockets on sides and back of pack.
• Cushioned antimicrobial hip belt with a wide, 1½” webbing belt.
• Two water resistant hip pockets for snacks or electronics.
• Roll-top storm closure with Velcro to keep closure aligned and easy to roll closed.
• Top Y-strap compressor system – designed to also hold sleep¬ing pad, jacket or other gear.
• Side compression straps to tighten pack load and to stow trekking poles when not in use.
• Ice axe loop.
• Thicker padded shoulder straps with moisture wicking, anti¬microbial mesh spacer fabric allowing for both cushion and maximum air flow.
• Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic.
• Internal hydration sleeve with hydration hose port.
• Includes addition frame sheet back panel support for added weight carrying capacity to 60lbs.
• Double reinforced Cuben/150d Poly pack bottom.
• Bar tack reinforcements on all stress points.
• Stitched with bonded tex 69 thread.
• Handcrafted in Maine, USA
Small (15.0”-17.0” torso)
Medium (17.0”-19.0” torso)
Large (19.0”-20.0” torso)
Tall (21.0” + torso)
$365 No. 1144 Hyperlite Mountain Gear 4400 Windrider Pack