Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Windrider Backpack
The 3400 Windrider is a 55 liter, 32 oz. (907 gram) version of HMG’s flagship ultralight pack that was selected as “Best Ultralight Pack” by Backpacker Magazine. Perfect for backpacking, mountaineering, section hiking, or winter hiking, the 3400 model has 15 liters of additional volume to comfortably hold all of your gear when 40 liters just isn’t enough. With the extra volume this becomes an ideal ultralight pack for thru-hikers on the Pacific Crest Trail or the Continental Divide Trail where re-supply opportunities sare less frequent. The 3400 Windrider can also accommodate bear canisters vertically.
Constructed from our Cuben/50d Poly hybrid fabric, the 3400 Windrider is lightweight and durable and will surely be one of the most comfortable packs you’ve ever owned. The pack includes a roll-top closure, Y-strap top compression, four side compression straps, an internal mesh hydration sleeve, hydration port, removable internal aluminum stays, sternum strap, and three external mesh pockets for added volume and for drying damp gear as you hike.
New features for 2014 include fully sealed side seams for improved water resistance, a double-reinforced 150d pack bottom, re-designed hip-belt pockets for improved utility, and extended hip-belt length for better wrap around support and improved weight transfer capability from the shoulders to the hips.
Recommended weight carrying capacity range of the 3400 Windrider is 20-40lbs and as with all HMG packs, a rain cover is not required, however we do highly recommend Cuben fiber stuff sacks to compartmentalize your gear and provide an added layer of water resistant security.
2.0lbs : 32.0oz : 907g
• Interior Storage Volume: 3400 cubic inch main compartment.
• Exterior Storage Volume: 600 cubic inch mesh outer pockets (300 cu in main pocket; 150 cu in side pockets).
• Weight = 2.0 lbs (32 oz.) (907g)
• Includes two removable, shaped aluminum stays.
• Main body material is made from a durable, 100% waterproof, rip-stop Cuben Fiber/50d Polyester hybrid material.
• Three mesh outer pockets on sides and back of pack.
• Cushioned antimicrobial hip belt with a wide, 1½” webbing belt.
• Two water resistant hip pockets for snacks or electronics.
• Roll-top storm closure with Velcro to keep closure aligned and easy to roll closed.
• Top Y-strap compressor system – designed to also hold sleep¬ing pad, jacket or other gear.
• Side compression straps to tighten pack load and to stow trekking poles when not in use.
• Ice axe loop.
• Thicker padded shoulder straps with moisture wicking, anti¬microbial mesh spacer fabric allowing for both cushion and maximum air flow.
• Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic.
• Internal hydration sleeve with hydration hose port.
• Double reinforced Cuben/150d Poly pack bottom.
• Bar tack reinforcements on all stress points.
• Fully sealed main body seams.
• Stitched with Spectra Fiber thread and a bonded tex 69
• Handcrafted in Maine, USA
Small (15.0”-17.0” torso)
Medium (17.0”-19.0” torso)
Large (19.0”-20.0” torso)
Tall (21.0” + torso)
Top Circumference - 40" or 101.6cm
Bottom Circumference - 33 1/2" or 85.09cm
Height Fully Unrolled - 34" or 83.36cm
Back width - 10 1/2" or 26.67cm
$330 No. 1134 Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Windrider Pack